riverwalk pet hospital & resort
Our on-site laboratory, reference laboratories and advanced diagnostic capabilities offer prompt results to allow for immediate medical intervention and treatment.
Riverwalk Pet Hospital & Resort Hospitalization
During your pet’s lifetime, they may require hospitalization to: receive treatment for an illness, be isolated from other animals, restrict their mobility or recover from surgery. When an event like this happens, the veterinarians and support staff at Riverwalk Pet Hospital & Resort are here to provide your pet with exceptional, personalized, dedicated care. In addition, we are here to provide pet parents with the peace of mind that they need during a stressful time.
Riverwalk Pet Hospital & Resort
What you might expect should your pet be hospitalized:
- Presentation of a treatment plan with the expectation of initial fees (examination, diagnostics, etc). Please note that the length of hospitalization stay varies upon diagnosis and each individual pet’s response to treatment.
- Close monitoring of the patient’s vital signs, food/fluid intake, urination, and defecation by our veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and veterinary assistants.
- Intravenous catheter placement (area of one or multiple legs may be shaved).
- Administration of intravenous fluids.
- Administration of medications through subcutaneous, intramuscular, or intravenous injection.
- Medications and/or special diet recommendations upon patient discharge.
- Visitation opportunities (see below).
- Frequent calls from our team to provide updates on your pet.
Our team of veterinarians, technicians, and assistants will communicate with you frequently to update you on your pet’s care, demeanor, response to treatment, expected discharge day, and fees as they incur. Our goal is to be proactive in our communication with pet parents to allow them the opportunity to stay abreast of their pet’s care. At any time during your pet’s hospital stay, you may contact us to check on your pet. We welcome and encourage your calls.
Often time’s pet parents wish to visit with their hospitalized family member. If you wish to visit your pet, please ask one of our healthcare team members to check with the attending veterinarian. There are only a few instances, for example, a pet that is hospitalized for a contagious disease, where we will not be able to accommodate this request. We appreciate your understanding.
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to care for your beloved pet.